Since its establishment in 2004, OvidiuRo’s mission is to make preschool education accessible to and effective for all young children in Romania, both by putting preschool children on a literacy path and by regularly providing their teachers with training and materials. In addition to our programs dedicated to children and their teachers, we also have worked to improve legislation and created the premises for the Romanian government to issue and pass a new law on preschool education. The 248/ 2015 Law, which encourages and supports the regular attendance of 3-to 6-year-old children in grădiniță (preschool & kindergarten), was the result of a pilot program conducted by OvidiuRo between 2010 and 2015.
Over the last 16 years, our direct beneficiaries were:
- 67,000 preschool children who participated in OvidiuRo’s programs;
- 9,000 teachers who participated in trainings.
- 21,500 parents
- 100,000 siblings
- The rest of the teachers in the counties where our programs took place
Other important indicators:
- 225,000 books were distributed to children all over Romania
- 40 counties – OvidiuRo programs held in
- 55,700 children, parents, and their teachers participating in personal hygiene & sanitary education
- 26 million EUR invested by the Romanian Government, for the national program “Fiecare Copil în Grădiniță”